Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pigs and Fences

Last night I about 10:30 I heard the sound of a bucket being tipped over.  I thought it must be our dog Samson, who is characterized by pushing an old sled from in front of the cat house (which is Samson's dog house that was taken over by the cats) to get to the cat food.  It was a bit surprising to find Zorro -- our boar -- eating Samson's dog food. 

I'm very thankful that Zorro is a friendly pig, but at approximately 500 pounds he doesn't like to be pushed around.  I got Peter up and he brought a bucket of milk to entice Zorro back to his place down the hill and into his electric fence.  It wasn't quite as easy as that, but eventually Zorro was back in his home. 

The next hour was spent trying to determine why Zorro's fence wasn't receiving a charge.  I think we finally fell into bed about midnight. 

And then Zorro was out again this morning.  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and keep him happy where we want him to be.

No comments: