Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Farm Photos

Things are still growing, in spite of all the rain we've had.
Andrew took some photos of my flowers. Above is a photo of sweet williams.

More sweet williams. This year I lined our rock wall with this type of flower instead of petunias.

Over by the cabins we moved in last year is a row of lilac and rose bushes. The flowers are very pretty right now.


Jim planted more strawberry plants, and is trying a new type of cover to keep down the weeds. We'll see how they do.



Our horse and cows have become a herd; where one goes the others follow.

Sandy is the leader of the pack.


The photo is kind of dark, but it shows where Jonathan has placed the chicken's movable pens up to the field where he has been keeping his younger layers.

The layers seem to really enjoy the lush, fresh grass.



I think the turkeys have become some of my favorite animals on the farm. They have so much personality, and love visiting with me when I walk up to where they are being kept. They are very curious and love checking things out. They are also quite the talkers.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love all the pictures. It's nice to see your plants and animals are doing well in spite of all the rain you have had.

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I don't think I've ever tried to grow sweet william or even seen it - that is gorgeous!