Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm Tired

More planting today ... I think if all goes well we will have enough celery, tomatoes and peppers to feed an army! But then at the rate we have company, we are feeding an army. Jonathan told me today he thinks we have the potential to harvest 700 pounds of potatoes; I shudder at the thought of trying to store that much and not have them spoil. We'll cross that bridge as we get to it, I guess. I also know that we go through 10 pounds of potatoes any time I make mashed potatoes, so they disappear quickly around here. Hopefully we'll have time tomorrow to post some pictures of our garden areas. I depend on my 9-year-old son Andrew to download and bring the photos into my blog, and maybe some day he will teach me how to do it.

I sure wish our chicks would arrive soon from the hatchery. The chicks that were brought up here with friends last Saturday are doing well, but I keep wondering how we will manage with over 100 at one time! Last year we started with 25, and Jonathan managed them well. Hopefully we can do just as well this year. Guess I better convince Jim and the boys that the next thing they need to construct is one of Herrick Kimball's Whizbang Chicken Pluckers!

No comments: