Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring is Finally Here!

I think we are finally coming out of our winter slump ... This morning the boys decided to let out the sheep (all 3 of them) and see how they would do. Of course that meant tying up the 2 dogs, but they cooperated. I wondered how we would ever get them back into their pen, but I guess Jonathan looks like their shepherd and was able to lead them in with a bucket of field peas. They will love being out when the grass starts growing. While everyone was outside watching we saw a lot of spring activity. We are in the path of a flyway, and watched different flocks of sandhill cranes, swans and Canadian geese fly overhead. I never get tired of watching and listening to them! We have also seen woodpeckers, robins, killdeer and even mallards, so it must really be spring.

The boys have been out in just sweatshirts, but Jim and I have been bugging them to keep a hat and jacket on (if I'm cold -- they must be as well!), since it hasn't been all that long ago that they were ailing. It sure is good to see them outside playing again.

Another sure sign of spring: at suppertime there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky.

Thankfully our 1/4 mile driveway is drying out. I had a few interesting times while attempting to get in and out last week, and we finally resorted to driving through the field instead of taking the road. I don't exactly enjoy driving sideways up our hill, but the boys always responded with, "Mom, do it again!" Not after my heart was in my throat, I wouldn't!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lynn!

I'm really excited to see the signs of spring as well. The spring migrations are exciting as well. Every day I see new life reawakening all around me.

Glad to hear that your driveway is starting to dry out.

Now I hope the ground dries out enough to start tilling and developing our garden and flowerbed sites.

Best wishes!

Christine said...

Driving sideways up the hill sure does sound exciting!! :-)

Glad spring has finally arrived for you! I won't tell you how warm we have it here!

Anonymous said...

Good to here from you Lynn.

No mud here, 46 days with out rain. Then only 2 showers. Fire danger very high.

Never thought temps in ND would be same as Fla at this time of the year. My kind of temps.

Gp B