Monday, February 04, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Cheri the TN Farmgirl gave me an assignment, which is to:

*Link to the person that tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

The last time someone did this to me I didn't do it, so I thought I better do it this time! The boys were giving me all sorts of things to list, such as learning to repel off the side of a fire station building, and the fact that we have 4 children in Heaven; but I thought it better to list things that have happened since moving to our farmstead. Here goes:

1. When we moved to our farmstead we lived in a pop-up camper for five weeks, without the benefit of electricity, water or sewer. Talk about culture shock!

2. During hunting season the second fall we were here we had a cow moose live close to my clotheslines for 3 whole days.

3. The lady that we bought our property from is 80 years old, and came to visit us that first winter by riding over in her snowmobile.

4. In the winter of 2005, our son Jonathan walked down to the mailbox through the woods, and discovered cougar tracks. We have photos of the cat's footprints to prove it.

5. I canned raspberry jam before moving to the country, but had never touched or even watched a pressure canner being used. Now I wonder why I was so afraid to try canning that way.

6. While roughing in our house (which is a two story structure and we currently live in the basement) we had scaffolding set up so we could reach up to the roof. We kept catching our turkeys climbing the scaffolding and roosting on the roof! It wasn't much fun for the boys to clean off the scaffolding before they got to work each day.


7. Our cat had a litter of four kittens, all of which were female. Our sons named Jonathan, Peter, Andrew and David named the new kittens Jonathan, Peter, Andrew and David. Unfortunately, David met an untimely death by putting her head in the hinged side of the car door just as someone was slamming it shut.

Now it's my turn to tag 7 people: Katie, Susan, Jonathan, Peter, Andrew, Karisa, and Bonnie.

No comments: